The all-important third year of high school begins and the college planning and search takes center stage. By January the process intensifies. “Junior College Night”, college fairs, college visits, SAT or ACT test prep and test dates fill the calendar. AP or Subject Testing dates are also coming up.
Your 11th grade plan
- Meet with your high school college counselor or independent college counselor to make sure your student is on track academically and discuss any needed course changes.
- Begin to identify and research colleges and universities with the characteristics and features that interest your student.
- Start to consider who your student wants to write their letters of recommendation, required with most college applications.
- Set up a free Common Application account.
- Sign up to take the ACT and/or SAT.
- Gain an edge! If after speaking with your high school counselor or independent college counselor you might want to consider signing up for ACT and SAT Test Prep.
If you are interested in test prep check out our StudentPrep services because we offer both ACT and SAT test prep courses at an affordable price.
- Sign up to take the SAT Subject Tests in June if required by any of schools of interest.
- Don’t wait to begin discussing how to pay for college.
- Begin to consider the course selection for senior year.