Don’t take the sophomore year for granted. It’s a critical year for your student to concentrate on their academics and if they aren’t already taking part in an activity, now is the time to begin participating in a club, sport or volunteering outside of school.
Your 10th grade plan
- Schedule to meet with your high school college counselor or independent college counselor to make sure your student is enrolled in the courses that continue to challenge them academically.
- Take the PSAT/NMSQT if it is offered to 10th-graders, or the new PreACT™ if available.
- Attend college and career fairs at your school or in your area.
- Continue to encourage and support participation in school activities or volunteer efforts.
- If possible, take advantage of vacation or travel opportunities to visit colleges.
- Don’t wait to begin discussing how to pay for college.