The Leadership Team
I founded admission2college in 2012, and here's why:
- During my 25 years working with students and their families I’ve seem a need for credible, informative college counseling services that eliminate the college admissions hype and offers honest, relevant, timely information and resources to families. I want you to have the information you need to make well informed decisions during the college admissions process.
- Colleges, for too long, have held the advantage in an admission process that lacks transparency, keeping students and parents guessing on being admitted and college costs.
To address my concerns, we have designed the College Match Advantage Program(COLLEGEmap)that combines our admissions expertise, strategic advice and support with a one of a kind comprehensive college search and planning software, StudentPrep, to lift the transparency, eliminate the guessing and maximize your student's college choices and options.
Here is a brief example of my background. To review my complete resume, visit my LinkedIn profile.
- 25 years in college admissions working in universities.
- 5 years in college counseling working with high school students and families in the United States and internationally with students and families in China.
- Developing college admission requirements and financial aid and merit scholarship policies for colleges and universities.
- Knowing what schools are looking for in an application, essay and writing supplements having read thousands of them to make admit or deny decisions.
- Brain storming with students on their essay topics, proofing and editing essays.
- Developing lists of colleges for students to consider.
- Advising on high school course selection.
- Advising on ACT or SAT tests and test prep courses.
- Conducting college admissions workshops for schools and organizations domestically and internationally in Shanghai, China.
- Visiting hundreds of college campuses.
- Helping students prepare for admission interviews; How to prepare, what to expect (mock interview practices).
- Assistant Vice Chancellor for Enrollment/University of Denver
- Associate Dean of Admission & Enrollment Services/University of Denver
- Director of Marketing Communications/University of Denver
- Director of Admissions, School of Art and Art History/University of Denver
- Dean of Admissions & Financial Aid/California Institute of Integral Studies, a graduate university located in San Francisco, California
- Consultant for the College Board
- Consultant for Scott Healy & Associates working with colleges and universities throughout the country on their recruitment, admissions and enrollment practices and planning.
BA in Sociology from Colorado State University, studied in the Mass Communications graduate program at the University of Denver.
To review my complete resume, visit my LinkedIn profile.
Marijo Anderson, WEb Content manager
An Information Analyst with extensive experience in Corporate America, I know all about information overload and trying to make sense of all the information. As a member of the A2C Team, I work hard to gather the most up-to-date information and tools in order for students and parents to make the best decisions about college.
Our goal at A2C is to have all the information and tools you need right here in one place, including online SAT and ACT test prep courses, to maximize your student's potential as a college applicant and increase their college options.
My diverse experience of over 15 years in big business has afforded me the opportunity to develop a solid background in communication planning, content development and technology.
In order to support information management needs of many different groups, I have developed a strong working knowledge of multiple technology platforms, applications and tools that allow me to reach a variety of audiences.
As a Web Marketer and Copywriter I have managed multiple websites and marketed new ideas by providing effective marketing and web content strategy including content creation, social media and email marketing.
I have designed developed and maintained websites to function as a resource for educating and supporting employees.
Also, having had the opportunity to facilitate multiple trainings across a large company allowed me the experience of interacting and collaborating with many diverse groups, developing job aids, handouts and other supporting materials for the training.
My corporate experience includes positions in the Pharmaceutical Industry and the Human Resource Industry.
I have a BA in Management & Business, as well as a BA in Mathematics from DePaul/Barat College and have studied in the Written Communications Masters program at National-Louis University.
I have also completed multiple Copywriting & Marketing Programs at American Writers & Artists Inc.’s (AWAI).